Bus Driver Job at First Transit Apply Now|May 2023
First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be the employer for this job posting. We are the leading integrator and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth.
|Job Title||Bus Driver|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Now Hiring Drivers:
NEWLY INCREASED WAGES FOR CDL AND NON CDL HOLDERS!
$5000 Sign-on Bonus with a CDL with Passenger endorsement*
$2000 Sign-on Bonus non-CDL Holders*
No CDL? No Problem-We Train!
Have you considered being a Bus Driver in your community? Now’s your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit Drivers provide transportation via New Jersey Transit within our local communities. Each day our drivers transport individuals who rely on our service for doctors’ appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much, more! As a Bus Driver, you would provide our clients with the freedom and independence of reliable, safe transportation. If you love helping people and driving – come work for us!
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- $20.75 / Hour starting wage for CDL w/Passenger endorsement Holders
- $17 / Hour for non CDL Holders
- $5000 Sign-on Bonus for CDL w/Passenger endorsement Holders*
- $2000 Sign-on Bonus for non CDL Holders*
- Paid Training
- Full Time and Part Time Available for CDL drivers
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision.
- Paid Vacation/8 Paid Holidays
- Cutting Edge Paid Training.
- Year-round work.
- GPS guidance in all vehicles.
- Home Every Night
You’ll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area.
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly securing wheelchairs and scooters.
We want you to drive with us if you:
- Have good communication skills
- Are at least 20 years old
- Have a valid Class D license
- Have held a valid driver’s license for at least 3 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to a physical and DOT drug testing. DOT regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of schedule 1 drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
How To Apply:
Complete your application process on First Transit official site.