If you want to dedicate your professional life to something challenging that you can be proud of and positively impact the lives of others, we encourage you to join the Capitol Police as we continue to seek a more diverse group of officers who will safeguard the constitutional rights of all citizens we serve.
Table of Contents
|Capitol Police Officer
|Department of General Services Capitol Police Division Pennsylvania
|$48,843.00 – $81,745.00 Annually
Capitol Police Officers provide a variety of police services and are to be knowledgeable with the Pa Crimes Code, Vehicle Code, and Rules of Criminal Procedure. You must be able to exercise powers of arrest and able to use physical force to apprehend and subdue arrestee(s); conduct mobile, foot and bicycle patrols; conduct investigations; engage in crowd control and must be able to deal with verbal abuse, taunts, insults and threats.
You will provide building security and scan point duties; complete reports; solve problems; maintain all departmental & MPOETC certifications. Running, climbing, crawling and being able to withstand prolonged periods of standing, walking, sitting & extreme weather conditions, as well as perform other related duties, are all part of the job.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Schedule to be determined.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Successful completion of the Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission Certified Basic Police Academy (Act 120) training.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Possession of a Valid, Class C, Pennsylvania driver’s license (prior to appointment).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must obtain certification as a Police Officer by the Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission prior to the date of appointment and must maintain this certification during employment in this job.
- You must submit proof of Act 120 Certification, OR attendance in a certified Act 120 training academy AND within 120 days of graduation.
How To Apply:
Complete your Application process directly here.