The purpose of the position is to manage the planning and procurement of goods and services and the disposal of surplus supplies and equipment. This is accomplished by developing policies and procedures; evaluating and processing requisitions, procuring materials, supplies and services; administering contracts; managing materials, properties, surplus and inventories; and providing administrative direction. Other duties include reviewing and assessing department workloads and presenting information to staff, council and other officials.
|Job Title||Purchasing Manager|
|Company||City of DeSoto Government|
|Job Type||Full time, Governmnet|
|Date of posting||27/4/2023|
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the procurement process by advising staff; maintaining vendor lists; researching information; preparing documents and specifications; drafting and advertising as appropriate; conducting pre-bid meetings; receiving and reviewing proposals; recommending vendors; managing cooperative purchasing agreements; negotiating and mediating contract issues; and processing related information.
- Oversees purchases by issuing and reviewing purchase orders; approving requisitions and payments; issuing credit cards and reviewing purchases; responding to customer, supplies and vendor issues; creating and submitting reports; and monitoring standards.
- Develops and monitors policies and procedures by reviewing and interpreting local, state and federal guidelines and regulations; outlining processes; reviewing and implementing goals and objectives; developing and implementing small business programs and outreach activities; and ensuring audit corrections are in compliance.
- Directs the disposal of surplus property by reviewing inventories; processing equipment information; recommending pricing; and arranging items for auction or sale.
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget by reviewing costs and expenditures; reviewing procurement processes; estimating costs; developing goals and objectives; monitoring monthly expenditures; and forecasting and recommending staffing.
- Manages all staffing functions by developing and recommending staffing levels; directing and participating in recruiting activities; initiating, monitoring and evaluating performance; coaching and counseling; establishing and reviewing training activities; and initiating disciplinary proceedings.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in business, finance, contract administration, purchasing, accounting or related field
- Five years of experience in the procurement and purchase of supplies, materials and equipment, with two years in the administration of contracts
- Two years of experience must be at the supervisory level
- CPPB, CPPO, VCO, CPM certification or equivalent preferred
How To Apply:
To complete your Application Process just visit the official site.