Earn $72500-$90000/yr as System Network Administrator in Govt Information Agency.
The Systems Network Administrator is responsible for all network and server infrastructure components, ensuring they are in proper working condition. They are the lead resource in resolving any network, or application performance problems as well as resolving issues in case of any hardware/software failures.
Table of Contents
|Job Title||System Network Administrator|
|Company||Government Information Department|
|Job type||Full Time|
System Network Administrator create file systems and manage network communication. Part of the Systems Network Administrator requirements include being responsible for taking care of the backup and recovery policy.
The Systems Network Administrator role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
The Systems Network Administrator updates the new version of OS and application software, along with executing the policies for the use of the computer system and network. The Systems Network Administrator sets up security policies for users and taking care of identity management.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
Strategy and Planning
- Perform network and server design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
Acquisition and Deployment
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network and server products and services.
- Conduct research on network and server products, services, protocols, and standards in support of infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Installing, configuring, updating and maintaining servers and networks; Overseeing system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Sustaining network and system integrity, server deployment, and security; Monitoring and maintaining network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways and intrusion detection systems.
- Ensuring high-level security and efficiency resulting in maximum up time.
- Creating a backup and safeguarding the data if there are any hindrances, performing system upgrades following new releases.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Ensure network connectivity for all workstations.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- High School diploma and 10 years equivalent work experience or Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science.
- Certifications in Systems/Network Administration – preferred.
Licenses and Certificates
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania State Driver’s License – is required.
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled.
How To Apply:
Complete your Application Process here.