The purpose of the position is to provide first line support to a work group or unit completing operational, construction or maintenance activities. This is accomplished by planning and organizing jobs; overseeing maintenance and repairs; coordinating projects between departments; and maintaining records of work performed. Other duties include training and enforcing safety regulations.
Table of Contents
|Job Title||Field Operations Supervisor|
|Company||Department of Public Utilities Desoto, Texas|
|Job Type||Regular/ Government|
|Closing time||Till now it continues|
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works as lead for a unit or group by assigning work unit tasks; scheduling equipment and services; overseeing the maintenance and repair of equipment; ensuring all safety practices are followed; and resolving unexpected problems.
- Schedules and assigns activities by reviewing and scheduling priorities; reviewing, recording and filing work orders; and referring jobs for contract work.
- Strives for safe work environment by scheduling and attending training; scheduling safety meetings; ensuring safety equipment and risk practices are followed; and filing claims as they occur.
- Maintains records by entering work information; recording maintenance activities; and tracking job costs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years of experience on a crew in the construction or maintenance of water and wastewater systems
- Knowledge of methods, materials and techniques used in the construction and maintenance of water and wastewater systems
- Knowledge of standard safety processes, work gear and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, the public, and elected and appointed officials
- Skill in the operation and use of standard office software which includes databases and presentation programs, along with standard Microsoft products
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
How to Apply:
Complete your application process here.