Get the job as DETENTION OFFICER in GEO Secure Services. Earn $22/hr as full time
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity or to advance your career in criminal justice, corrections, or security, look no further because The GEO Group is hiring motivated individuals seeking their next opportunity. No experience is necessary and paid on-the-job training is provided. Just come with a willingness to learn and a desire to help others and you will fit right in as part of this growing team of professionals. As a Detention Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing and caring for detainees at your facility while ensuring that the rules, policies, and procedures are applied fairly and consistently.
|Job Title||DETENTION OFFICER|
|Company||Geo Secure Services|
|For more information||Visit here|
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and confidence of detainees and staff, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
In this job, you will:
- Supervise and monitor detainees in living, recreation, dining, and visitation areas.
- Coordinate their movement (conducting counts and providing emergency response as needed).
- Make sure program activities stay safe and supervise labor crews.
- Conduct shakedowns for contraband materials (by yourself or with your team) and confiscate prohibited items as per policies and procedures.
- Keep daily logs on detainees (including disciplinary reports).
- Provide prompt and appropriate assistance to those who have been injured, ill, or have suffered trauma.
- Report any maintenance or repair needs to keep your facility clean.
We’re looking for individuals from different backgrounds:
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
How to Apply:
For completion of your application process just visit here.
Hope you get this job. Thanks for visiting.