Come work in an environment where we truly value and respect those we serve and believe in the mission that all people can achieve a higher level of wellness and independence.
The state supported living centers serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are medically fragile or who have behavioral problems. The centers provide campus-based direct services and supports at 13 centers located throughout the state.
If you are looking for a place to work where you can establish a career that is filled with purpose, this is the job for you!
Food Service Worker II
The Food Service Worker II performs moderately complex food service work on a designated shift and rotation in the Central Kitchen and/or at a satellite kitchen/serving area under general supervision. Work involves preparing, portioning, distributing, and serving food for regular and therapeutic diets, and sanitation of equipment, work areas, dishes, utensils, pots, and pans.
Table of Contents
Other duties may be required which are related to the functions of the positions. May assist in training and oversee other Food Service workers for short periods of time in the absence of the supervisor. Maintains sufficient knowledge of duties to satisfy the requirements of the position. Handles food in accordance with federal, state, and hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) guidelines. Follows kitchen and food safety procedures and practices. May be required to drive state vehicle to deliver food to homes. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays. May be required to work unusual or extended hours in the event of a disaster or operational necessity.
|Job Title||Food Service Worker|
|Company||Texas Health and Human Services|
Essential Job Functions:
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift, and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares and portions food for special diets following food service procedures.
- Prepares scheduled snacks and supplements. Maintains supply of snack items.
- Participates in the distribution of food in a safe and sanitary manner according to food service policies. May be required to drive on or off campus to deliver food on campus and/or pick up food from a local vendor.
- Serves food by following food service procedures.
- Follows proper food handling in accordance to food service procedures, state, federal, and HACCP guidelines.
- Receives delivery of food and supplies from vendors.
- Prepares necessary paperwork in timely and correct manner.
- Follows procedures for sanitation and storage of the dishes and food service equipment.
- Follows required sanitation procedures for cleaning kitchen, stock room, food preparation areas, and satellite areas.
- Observes safety procedures and practices.
- Completes required training per policy.
- Trains or assists in training new kitchen employees to assure a knowledgeable staff. May oversee the work of other food services workers for short periods of time in the absence of the supervisor.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- -Knowledge of food preparation methods, of food storage standards, and sanitation regulations.
- -Skill in the operation and sanitizing of food service equipment.
- -Ability to prepare and serve food, to clean dining, serving, and food preparation areas according to facility/department standards, and to maintain accurate records.
- -Ability to speak and read English.
- -Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- -Ability to complete basic math used in cooking/preparation.
- -Ability to lift minimum of 25 pounds.
- -Ability to bend and reach, stand/walk on hard floors for extended period of time.
- -Ability to work in hot and/or cold conditions.
- -Ability to smell, taste, and see.
- -Ability to work harmoniously and productively with co-workers and residents.
- -Ability to train others.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Must possess valid Texas driver’s license or obtain it no later than 90 days after hire date. Applicants with an out-of-state driver’s license must provide an original certified driving record from the state of driving licensure. Eligible driving record required based on HHSC Fleet Management policy.
How to Apply:
Complete your application process here.