Get the job in Texas Health & Human Services In 2023|Earn Starting $2500 Payout
Hello friends, Are you ready to do a job in Texas Health and human services If you are then check out the full details and grab the information about the job and apply for it directly from our site.
Table of Contents
|Job Title||Food Service Worker|
|Company||Texas Health & Human Services|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Shift and Schedule||Extended hours|
Food Service Worker I – Come work in an environment where we truly value and respect those we serve and believe in the mission that all people can achieve a higher level of wellness and independence.
The state-supported living centers serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are medically fragile or who have behavioral problems. The centers provide campus-based direct services and support at 13 centers located throughout the state.
If you are looking for a place to work where you can establish a career that is filled with purpose, this is the job for you!
The Food Service Worker I performs routine food service work on a designated shift and rotation in the Central Kitchen and/or at a satellite kitchen/serving area under general supervision. Work involves preparing, portioning, distributing and serving food for regular and therapeutic diets, and sanitation of equipment, work areas, dishes, utensils, pots and pans. Other duties may be required which are related to the functions of the position. Maintains sufficient knowledge of duties to satisfy the requirements of the position.
Handles food in accordance with federal, state, and hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) guidelines. Follows kitchen and food safety procedures and practices. May be required to drive state vehicle to deliver food to homes. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays. May work unusual or extended hours in the event of a disaster or operational necessity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift, and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares and portions food for prescribed diets following food service procedures.
- Prepares scheduled snacks and supplements. Maintains supply of snack items.
- Participates in the distribution of food in a safe and sanitary manner according to food service policies. May be required to drive on or off campus to deliver food on campus and/or pick up food from a local vendor.
- Assists in serving food by following food service procedures.
- Follows proper food handling in accordance to food service procedures, state, federal, and HACCP guidelines.
- Follows procedures for sanitation and storage of the dishes and food service equipment.
- Follows required sanitation procedures for cleaning kitchen, stock room, food preparation areas, and satellite areas.
- Observes safety procedures and practices.
|Registration or Licensure Requirements:|
Must have or be able to attain Food Handler’s Card within 60 days of employment at state’s cost.
|Initial Selection Criteria:|
– Experience in food service work preferred but not required.
– One of the following is required:
• Paid or unpaid experience in food service work; or
• Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent; or
• Prior paid work experience.
How to Apply:
Complete your application process here.