The Columbus Regional Airport Authority manages and operates passenger-focused John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH), cargo-focused Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK), and general aviation airport Bolton Field (TZR).
We are a diverse group of committed and talented professionals who show up every day to take CRAA to new heights. Although our roles are as diverse as we are – from Custodial Services to Customer Service, from Accounting to Airport Police, from HVAC to Human Resources – we have one common goal: connect Ohio with the world.
Our organization is in constant motion, moving people and cargo 365 days a year. With our core values of Accountability, Innovation and Respect guiding us, we each do our part to contribute to our organization, the aviation industry, local businesses, and the economy. We create experiences for passengers, we create opportunities for businesses, and we create economic growth for Columbus.
Trust and respect are the foundation of our culture. We invite new ideas. We encourage innovation. We are inclusive and welcoming. We are empowered to enact positive change.
|Job Title||Police Officer|
|COMPANY||Department of Public Safety Ohio|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Pay||Depends On Qualifications|
- Respond to overt and covert alarms at airport security checkpoints and throughout the terminals.
- Investigate improper or unlawful acts, such as public disturbance, security breach, or assault.
- Complete and maintain federal, state, local offense and informational reports, files, and records.
- Conduct fact-finding and/or informational interviews.
- Exercise authority to arrest in accordance with TSR: 49 CFR Part 1542 and the laws of the State of Ohio and City of Columbus.
- Patrol terminal and airport property, recognizing/responding to potential security breaches.
- Assist in the search for suspicious items/bombs in the event of threat.
- Take vehicle accident reports on Airport property and perform traffic control responsibilities.
- Provide special security for VIPs.
- Respond to activated fire, burglary, or other alarms.
- Perform related work as required.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a current State of Ohio Peace Officer Certification
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be at least 20 years of age at the time of application and 21 years of age at time of hire.
The Columbus Regional Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, and all other groups or classes protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The Authority does not tolerate violence or drug use in the workplace.
How To Apply:
Complete your application process here.