The United States Postal Service has one of the largest workforces in the country. If you wanna Join then this is the right time to apply for various posts and also in different locations.
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains
professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws,
regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases
2. Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another
carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along
route for subsequent delivery.
3. Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
4. Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay
boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes
may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
5. Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
6. Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for
registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and
accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
7. Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
8. Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former
customers on the route.
9. Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
10. Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes
and centralized delivery equipment.
11. Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned.
12. Works professionally with other employees in the office.
13. May as a CCA, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution.
14. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for
residents undeliverable as addressed is not improperly held; deliver stamps or other paper supplies to contract or classified
stations and other designated delivery points; serves at carriers’ delivery window; receive and register where practical, all
letters and packages of first-class matter properly offered for registration; case mail and make deliveries on other routes as
|Job Title||CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT|
|Comapnay||United States Postal Service|
|Location||Across the US|
Persons Eligible to Apply:
All U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or other territories owing permanent allegiance
to the United States. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity
Act may apply for any posted position. Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this
employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment
opportunities, examinations (when applicable), and background checks will be sent by email. Please add the following email
domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondence to be received – @usps.gov; @psionline.com;