United States Postal Service releases notification for CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT.| Latest Job News
United States Postal Service releases notification for CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT If you wanna join the service you should go through an examination. Check out the full details.
Table of Contents
|Job Title||City Carrier Assistant|
|Company||United States Postal Service|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Various locations in US|
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being
invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
Apply Dates are – 05/04/2023 – 05/08/2023
Persons Eligible to Apply:
All U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or other territories owing permanent allegiance to the United States.
Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity
Act may apply for any posted position. Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories.
As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company.
If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases
2. Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another
carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along
route for subsequent delivery.
3. Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
4. Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay
boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes
may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
5. Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
6. Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for
registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and
accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
7. Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
8. Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former
customers on the route.
9. Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
10. Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes
and centralized delivery equipment.
11. Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned.
12. Works professionally with other employees in the office.
13. May as a CCA, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution.
14. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for
residents undeliverable as addressed is not improperly held; deliver stamps or other paper supplies to contract or classified
stations and other designated delivery points; serves at carriers’ delivery window; receive and register where practical, all
letters and packages of first-class matter properly offered for registration; case mail and make deliveries on other routes as
Non-career 360-day term with possibility of reappointment. May lead to career position. Benefits include paid leave at the rate
of 1 hr for every 20 hrs in pay status, holiday pay for 6 holidays, and pay raises per NALC National Agreement. Immediately
eligible for USPSHB Plan with a $125 Postal premium contribution towards Self Only. Employer contribution towards greater
than Self Only is 65% (75% for subsequent appointments). Upon reappointment to a second 360-day term after a 5-day
break in service eligible for: health insurance under FEHB; dental and vision insurance through FEDVIP; flexible spending
accounts through FSAFEDS and long-term care insurance through FLTCIP. Wounded Warrior leave available if eligibility
criteria are met. Effective Plan Year 2022, the Postal Service will make a bi-weekly contribution equal to 75% of the total
premium for any CCA employee who wishes to participate in the USPS Plan for self, self plus one, or family coverage,
regardless of year of employment.
How To Apply:
Apply on www.usps.com/careers