US Army Installation Management Command Invites Applications for Fitness Program Specialist.|May 2023
|Job Title||Fitness Program Specialist|
|Company||US Army Installation Management Command|
|Job Type||Part Time|
|Location||Fort Benning, GA|
- Serves as a Fitness Program Specialist and works for the Installation Fitness Program Manager. Implements safe and effective fitness programs ensuring diversity and appropriateness to post and individual needs.
- Conducts fitness classes based on customer demand (i.e. circuit weight training and cardiovascular training). Counsels individuals and groups on the importance of fitness and wellness programs.
- Provides and/or assists in classes in such things as proper exercise techniques, proper use of equipment to prevent injuries, safety measures, aerobics, stretching, heart and blood pressure monitoring, nutrition, and weight management.
- Understands proper layout of fitness equipment and advises on new procurement to meet standards and customer demands. Stays abreast of current trends in fitness equipment and delivery techniques.
- Walks the fitness rooms to ensure safe and effective training is conducted. Conducts classes in and adheres to injury prevention techniques. Assists with outreach with unit to support fitness regimens for physical training.
Conditions of Employment:
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree in related fields such as physical education or kinesiology.
- Possesses and maintains the following certifications: CPR, First Aid and AED. Nationally Recognized Basic Fitness Trainer Certification (National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- Cooper Institute of Aerobic Research; American Council on Exercise; American College of Sports Medicine).
- Must complete the following course(s)/class within six months of employment: Customer Service; MWR Orientation Course; Equipment (Safe Operation and Basic Maintenance Repair).
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Tier 1 background investigation.
1. Highly Desirable: Certification in Specialized Program Instructor Areas i.e. Individualized Fitness Assessment, Benefits of Exercise, and Group Exercise.
2. Possesses directly related work experience that includes the demonstrated ability in the delivery of safe and effective fitness programs.
3. Must demonstrate skill in conducting fitness programs for a diverse population understanding the various health risks contained therein.
4. Must have the knowledge of and ability to apply the principles, methods and techniques in an individual or group setting.
5. Successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree in related fields such as physical education or kinesiology.
How To Apply: