If you think working in banking can’t be exciting, think again. The financial industry is undergoing a digital transformation, which makes this a great time to embark on a career at Valley. We invite you to be a part of our innovative and inspired team. How do we do it? By fostering a culture of innovation. Our employees are agents of change, working in a wide variety of dynamic roles throughout the Bank, including: strategy, risk management, technology, project management, digital services and wealth management, to name a few. As you may have noticed, we’re not your typical financial institution. And we think that’s a good thing.
|Job Title||Business Development Officer|
|Company||Valley National Bank|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The SBA Business Development Officer will identify, market, and sell SBA Products in the designated footprint.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with soliciting new SBA business from present and prospective clients. Conduct calls and other marketing efforts focused on prospects, clients, internal referral sources, and external referral sources.
- Establish strong referral network and relationships with commercial real estate agents, brokers, CPA’s, accountants, attorneys, and other Centers of Influence (COI’s).
- Call on potential SBA customers with the Bank’s RM’s. Educate the borrower on SBA process, structure, and set expectations.
- Develop and maintain intimate knowledge of the SBA SOP and subsequent changes.
- Analyze, determine eligibility, originate, and structure SBA loan requests.
- Submit complete documentation packages to the credit and packaging departments. Assist in the credit analysis and underwriting process.
- Refer conventional lending opportunities, treasury management, insurance, residential mortgage, and deposit relationships to bank partners.
- Stay actively involved in NAGGL and other forms of SBA training in order to be current on policies and procedure.
- Attend RM meetings and branch meetings when possible to discuss SBA Lending and possible SBA prospects.
- Coordinate with RM, SBA Administration, Loan assistant/closer, and closing attorney to insure loan closings are in compliance with bank policy, banking regulations, and SBA SOP.
- Attend SBA closings.
- Participate in civic and community activities to promote the SBA Program and the Bank.
- Positive attitude- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Financial/business acumen.
- Thorough working knowledge of the commercial lending process, credit analysis, management of loan portfolios and all related laws and regulations.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance related field and a minimum of one year SBA Lending or Commercial Lending experience.
- Customer sales and service experience.
How To Apply:
To Complete your application process or want to know more information visit the official Site.